вторник, 23 февраля 2010 г.

Kindness


It is important to show people that we care. While big and extravagant gifts are one way, it is the small things that we do everyday that are the most important. You don’t need to be creative, have a big budget or heaps of bright ideas to show someone that you care for them.

Try to think of the things that people have done for you that have meant a lot to you. Quite often the things that really stand out in our memory are not the extravagant things, but just the simple things. Perhaps someone gave you a hug when you had a bad day, or even a total stranger may have smiled at you when you were down and it brightened your day. Small things like this can make all the difference to someone. Maybe you really appreciated it when someone helped you out with something when you really needed the assistance, or maybe they just helped you out for no reason at all, but it was nice to know that they cared enough to want to help you. 

Sometimes the easiest way to show someone that you care is helping him or her with a job or chore they hate doing. Taking out the trash for your mother, helping your brother with his homework, or picking up a few things at the store for the elderly, house confined neighbor next door, are all little things that can make a difference in someone’s life. Your options are endless! 

There are other small things you can do to show someone that you care. You could bake them cookies, or build them something. For an at home mother, perhaps you could give her the day off and do her chores for her. For that special someone in your life, you could prepare a special dinner for them or even just leave them a nice note that they might find sometime during the day. You could bath your friend’s dog or wash their car. There many different things you could do. 

You don’t necessarily have to do something for someone show them you care. Just being there and taking the time to listen is a great way to show someone that you care about him or her. You could call them up for no reason at all, but “just because”, or just drop around to their house to say “hello”. 

It is the things that come from the heart that mean the most. Your options are endless. You are only limited by your imagination. Try to think of the things that have really mattered to you, and do similar things to show other people that you care. Remember that you don’t have to think creatively or think big, just think of the simple things. Try smiling at a few people on the street today!



How would you define "kindness"?
What does "kindness" mean to you?
What is your first memory of "kindness"?
What builds "kindness"?
What destroys "kindness"?
What movies explore the meaning of "kindness"?
What books explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What literature explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What short stories explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What poetry explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What artwork explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What paintings explore the meaning of "kindness"?
What comics explore the meaning of "kindness"?
What songs explore the meaning of "kindness"?
What music explores the meaning of "kindness"?
What religious stories or myths explore "kindness"?
Are there any stories in your family that explore "kindness"?
What legends explore "kindness"?

Want to do something kind, but just can't think of what to do? You're in luck!

Visit http://www.helpothers.org/ideas.php?op=theme#youth .




"IF YOU'LL BE KIND TO OTHERS"

Chorus:
If you'll be kind to others,
They'll be kind to you.
Just give a little cheering up
And see what Love can do!
[Repeat]

One day when I was playing,
My little sister came,
I didn't really want her there,
I called her a bad name.

Then Mommy had to sit me down
And have a little chat.
I knew I'd been a naughty girl,
I really needed that!
She said, "If....

[Repeat chorus]

So later in our garden,
Little sister came again,
I shared my toy and gave a hug,
We played a happy game.

I'm so glad we're friends again,
I'm happy as can be,
And now that I am nice to her
She's always nice to me! Because....

[Repeat chorus]

Just give a little cheering up
And see what Love can do!



"IF YOU'LL BE KIND TO OTHERS" (with chords)

Intro:
(D)-(Em)-(Dmaj7)-(Em)[Twice]

Chorus:
If (D)you'll be kind to (Em)others,
(Dmaj7)They'll be kind to (Em)you.
Just (D)give a little (Em)cheering up
And (A)see what Love can (D)do!
[Repeat]

One (G)day when I was (D)playing,
My (A)little sister (C)came,
I (G)didn't really (D)want her there,
I (E)called her a bad (A)name.

Then (G)Mommy had to (F#m)sit me down
And (Em)have a little (D)chat.
I (G)knew I'd been a (D)naughty girl,
I (A)really needed (D)that!
She said, "If....

[Repeat chorus]

So (G)later in our (D)garden,
Little (A)sister came a(D)gain,
I (G)shared my toy and (D)gave a hug,
We (E)played a happy (G)game.

(G)I'm so glad we're (F#m)friends again,
I'm (Em)happy as can (D)be,
And (G)now that I am (D)nice to her
She's (A)always nice to (D)me! Because....

[Repeat chorus]

Just (D)give a little (Em)cheering up
And (A)see what Love can (D)do!

http://nubeat.org/ABHMlt.html


do someone a kindness

to do a kind deed for a person. My neighbor did me a kindness when he cut my grass. I am always happy to have the opportunity of doing someone a kindness.

kill someone with kindness

Fig. to be enormously kind to someone. You are just killing me with kindness. Why? Don't kill them with kindness.

milk of human kindness

Fig. natural kindness and sympathy shown to others. (From Shakespeare's play Macbeth, I. v.) Mary is completely hard and selfish—she doesn't have the milk of human kindness in her. Roger is too full of the milk of human kindness and people take advantage of him.


Read stories of kindness at

http://www.great-inspirational-quotes.com/kindness.html

http://www.great-inspirational-quotes.com/inspirational-stories.html

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Chicken-Soup-For-The-Soul/index.aspx

http://www.kindnessusa.org/storiesofkindness.htm

http://www.actsofkindness.org/stories

http://www.akinderworld.com/creative-kindness.html

http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Perform-Random-Acts-Of-Kindness/2049

http://www.helpothers.org/story.php?sid=18193

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий